Check out the new MinnowBoard.org website for the most up-to-date information on the MinnowBoard Turbot and the MinnowBoard.org Community.
The original MinnowBoard is no longer sold and was replaced by the MinnowBoard MAX in July 2014. The following information is for the original MinnowBoard (V1) exclusively, and does not reflect any technical features of the MinnowBoard MAX.
|Core Logic||Processor|| Intel® Atom™ E640 (1GHz, 32bit) ( datasheet )|
EG20T Intel® Platform Controller Hub ( datasheet )
Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 600
|Memory||1 GB DDR2 RAM||System Memory|
|4 MB SPI Flash||System Firmware Memory|
|Video||Integrated GMA 600 (EMGD)||SDVO to DVI (over HDMI connector)|
|Audio||Analog||1/8 inch jack line Input and Output|
|I/O||1 - Micro SD||SDIO (0)|
|1 - SATA2 3Gb/sec||SATA (0)|
|2 - USB (host)||Ports 0 & 1|
|1 - USB-B (device)||Micro USB-B connector|
|1 - Serial debug||Serial (UART 0) to USB conversion (mini-USB-B port)|
|10/100/1000 Ethernet||RJ-45 connector|
|Experimenter Features||8 - Buffered GPIO pins|
|2 - Experimenter GPIO controlled LEDs|
|4 - Experimenter GPIO switches|
|System Firmware Flash Programming Header||Compatible with Dedi-Prog Programmer|
|Board Dimensions||4.2 inches x 4.2 inches|
|Temperature Range||0 - 70 deg C||Contact us for industrial temp range needs|
|Software||All software is provided in image and Open Source form (with binary elements per IP restrictions)|
|Operating System||Angström Linux Distribution (Yocto Project v1.3 Compatible)|
|Other Software features as available||Additional Linux Operating System Distributions are under evaluation|
|System Boot Firmware||UEFI Firmware (Compliant to the UEFI 2.3. Specification with some 2.3.1 features) MinnowBoard UEFI Open Development Community|
Visit Intel's Embedded Design Center for more specifications and documents on the Intel® Atom™ Processor E6xx Series with Intel® Platform Controller Hub EG20T.
Here are download links for the (original) MinnowBoard design files:
- Schematics - PDF (877 kb)
- Allegro board design file, can be viewed in the free Allegro Physical Viewer program (4.1 MB, ZIP compressed)
- ORCAD design file - readable in ORCAD v16 or newer (13.6 MB)
- Generic .CAD file (1.6 MB, ZIP compressed)
- Manufacturing files - including Gerber data, drill data, DXF and PDF drawing files, component X-Y list, and IPC netlist extract (3.0 MB, ZIP compressed)
- Assembly and fabrication documents - PDF (194 kb, ZIP compressed)
- BOM - Bill of Materials (28 kb)
MinnowBoard Getting Started Resources
NOTE: The following guides are for the MinnowBoard (v1) NOT for the MinnowBoardMax.
Here are some intro-level resources to help you learn about the (original) MinnowBoard and some things you can begin exploring with it. We also offer PDFs for convenient offline reading.
- MinnowBoard Basics (PDF version, 30 MB): This introduction will take you from unboxing your new MinnowBoard to learning about its components and features, and booting up the included Angstrom Linux OS image.
- Toggling a User LED on the MinnowBoard ( PDF version, 35 MB ): The MinnowBoard has two user-controllable LEDs, and this guide will teach you how to manipulate them from the Linux command line.
- GPIO Programming on the MinnowBoard ( PDF version, 39 MB ): This guide will show you how to make use of the 8 GPIO (general purpose I/O) pins on the MinnowBoard, which you can use to interact with external electronics.
- Physical Computing with the MinnowBoard: This guide will help teach you how to interface some basic electronic circuits (e.g, switches and LEDs) with the MinnowBoard's GPIO header.
Please join our MinnowBoard email discussion list to report bugs or give us feedback. This forum is also your main source of community support for MinnowBoard.
Specific OS Images for the MinnowBoard (v1) are available here: Os-images-v1
Firmware images for the MinnowBoard (v1) are available at http://firmware.intel.com/projects/minnowboard-uefi-firmware