MinnowBoard Wiki Home
The MinnowBoard.org Foundation is a is a US-based non-profit providing education and promotion of the design and use of open-source software and hardware in embedded computing, on Intel Architecture. MinnowBoard.org supports the Open Source Hardware Association (OSHWA.org) principles and makes its designs publicly available so "anyone can study, modify, distribute, make, and sell the design or hardware based on that design." MinnowBoards are designed to offer exceptional performance, flexibility, openness, and standards. These embedded boards have an enormous range of capabilities for hardware, software, and firmware developers: from creating a fun hobby or professional maker project, to evaluating SoCs and developing high performance embedded applications or products.
Welcome to the MinnowBoard Community Wiki
The Minnowboard.org community supports open-source hardware development using Intel processors. This wiki is a starting place and forum for learning and sharing, including information about:
- MinnowBoard MAX boards, compatible boards, and Expansion boards (Lures)
- Firmware, such as UEFI and OS support, including Linux, Android, and Windows
- Setting up your MinnowBoard MAX Hardware
- Cool projects using MinnowBoards
This wiki keeps our community up-to-date with technical information and what's happening with the MinnowBoard. Equally important, it's a place for you to share what you're doing and be a part of the community. Get started now by using the links on the left to wander around this wiki and see what's here. Then read the How to Get Involved section to see how you can join in the MinnowBoard experience too!
Read what's going on with MinnowBoard at our Google+ site. Here are a few of our current posts:
- Quick heads up to everyone, the website is down as we've got a server move going on, and are transfering to a different data center. Should be back up shortly!
- 2016-07-01 21:14:56
- First boot of pFSENSE on the Dual Ethernet board
First boot of pFSENSE 2.4 snapshot on minnowboard Dual Ethernet. Has FreeBSD 11, ZFS.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet.
- 2016-06-30 18:25:54
- Small GPS board for the MinnowBoard, making it easier to track where the board is, and great way to get high accuracy clock syncs.
Hacker S. Thompson on Twitter: "GPS (with PPS) for @MinnowBoard turbot. Will include support in #pfsense. Connect the dots... "
@pr1ntf @MinnowBoard that module includes support for PPS, so you can get a very accurate clock out of it. http://doc.ntp.org/4.1.1/pps.htm · Hacker S. Thompson · 9h9 hours ago. Hacker S. Thompson @gonzopancho. @pr1ntf @MinnowBoard #pfsense, #freebsd & many #linux distros have support for PPS, ...
- 2016-06-30 18:07:07
- Got your portable, fish filled, data center right here!
Seth Jennings on Twitter: "Turbot tower, each with 60GB mSATA storage. @kubernetesio cluster time! @NetgateUSA @MinnowBoard "
Not on Twitter? Sign up, tune into the things you care about, and get updates as they happen. Sign upLog in. You won't see these kinds of Tweets next time you're here. You'll see more of these kinds of Tweets every time you're here. You won't see these kinds of Tweets next time you're here.
- 2016-06-29 23:45:34
- Kids On Computers recently did some work down in Mexico, and they happened to take along a few Turbots with them.
Preparing for Mexico – Hardware and OS « Kids On Computers
As we explore using the Raspberry Pi 3 in some of our future labs (including the upcoming lab at José Vasconcelos!), we have been testing multiple client OSes on the RPi 3, including Fedora 22, XCSE, and and Raspbian. We will be going with Raspbian for the upcoming trip as it seems to be the ...
- 2016-06-10 19:24:44
- Schools (clusters) of MinnowBoards everywhere!
Patrick McGarry on Twitter: "It's my 2.5TB @Ceph POC just waiting to happen with @Minnowboard and @CentOS. Next stop, 10TB traveling demo pod! "
It's my 2.5TB @Ceph POC just waiting to happen with @Minnowboard and @CentOS. Next stop, 10TB traveling demo pod! Embedded image. 9:52 AM - 7 Jun 2016. 12 16. Reply to @scuttlemonkey. Replies. Robert Novak · 19h19 hours ago. Robert Novak @gallifreyan. @scuttlemonkey Would love to see the ...
- 2016-06-08 18:09:39
- ADI Engineering has announced a new MinnowBoard Turbot derivative with Dual Gigabit Ethernet! The sata port has been replaced with an M.2 port, the microHDMI port has been replaced with a full sized port as well. Fully compatible with the Turbot, (software and lures) and will have both Dual core and Quad core skus available.
Keep an eye out for it hitting shelves in Q3
ADI Engineering on Twitter: "New @MinnowBoard Dual-E from @adiengineering Dual @intel Ethernet, M.2 for SSD or Wi-Fi, 2 or 4 core CPU - coming Q3 "
New @MinnowBoard Dual-E from @adiengineering Dual @intel Ethernet, M.2 for SSD or Wi-Fi, 2 or 4 core CPU - coming Q3. Embedded image. 2:58 PM - 1 Jun 2016. 18 Retweets19 Likes. Reply to @adiengineering. Replies. David Gwynne · Jun 1. David Gwynne @dlgwynne. @minnowboard @adiengineering @intel i ...
- 2016-06-03 18:26:08
- HackerBoards has their annual survey of SBCs up. You should go and vote for your favorite SBC
81 Linux hacker SBCs: vote for your favorites, maybe win one
Rate your favorites in this catalog of 81 open-spec hacker SBCs and you might win a BeagleBone Black, Creator Ci40, DragonBoard 410C, or MinnowBoard Turbot.
- 2016-06-03 18:21:32